Public Computers and Internet Use
- Time limit on the library's computers is 1 hour per day, per person. Patron is requested to sign a log book with their name, town of residency, and time of day.
Library staff reserves the right to terminate any session due to inappropriate content.
Children (anyone under age 18) must have their parent/guardian's signature on the
Children's Registration Form for Internet Access. The signed form is kept on file at the circulation desk for future reference.
- Laptop Computers - Adult patrons can borrow a laptop computer within the library premises, provided he/she is a patron in good standing and presents a photo ID. The patron must sign an agreement form explaining the lending policies before borrowing. Patrons who bring in their own computer, can ask for a WiFi password. Sign-in is also required.
- Printing costs: $.15 per black and white or text printout. Color images: $.50 per page.
Unacceptable Behavior in the Library
- Children under the age of 10 years old cannot be left unattended at the library. We will contact the child's parent/guardian if this should happen.
The Following Behaviors Are Not Permitted
- Talking on your cell phone
- Eating or drinking (except water bottles)
- Playing of audio or video equipment audible to others
- Bringing animals into the library except those needed to assist a patron with a disability
- Misusing the restrooms (i.e., using as a laundry or washing facility)
- Talking loudly, making noise or engaging in other disruptive conduct
- Interfering with another person's use of the library or with the library personnel’s performance of their duties
- Failing to wear shirt and shoes
- Damaging library property
- Stealing library materials
- Engaging in any of these activities may result in loss of library privileges
- Must be 18 years of age to check out DVDs from adult collection.
- Children can borrow DVDs from our juvenile collection.
- Limit of 3 DVDs per family.
- Loan Period - 7 Days.
- Fines - $.50 per day per video (after 7 day rental period).
- Renewals - May be renewed only once.
All overdue materials must be returned before any videos can be checked out.
- Must present library card when checking out.
- ILL (Inter-Library loan): ILL books and audiobooks can be borrowed for 3 weeks. Renewals are not guaranteed and only made by special request. ILL requests are subject to the availability from other libraries.
- Renewals - can be made in person or over the phone on all materials. Renewals cannot be made on materials that are on hold for other patrons. Only one renewal per item applies.
- Holds - can be placed on books, audiobooks, CDs, and magazines for 3 days. Holds can be done by phone, in person, or on the internet library catalog. On the 4th day, the held material will go back into circulation if it has not been picked up.
© 2013 Raritan Public Library.
54 East Somerset Street
Raritan, NJ 08869
||10 AM to 8 PM
||10 AM to 6 PM
||10 AM to 8 PM
||10 AM to 8 PM
||10 AM to 5 PM
||10 AM to 3 PM
Closed Saturdays in
July and August